Wednesday 7 April 2010

My collection of vintage finds for hire has been growing very rapidly over the last few months and I absolutely love going out to find new beauties! Only the very best make it home with me and I never quite now what I`m going to find.Sometimes I come home with a car full of goodies and sometimes I come home with nothing ! It`s always exciting unwrapping them when I get home and seeing if they are going to fit into the Splendid Days family of finds! I like all my vintage finds to be really special and it`s always exciting when I spot something that is a must have ! It`s amazing to think how old some of the crockery is but what amazing condition it`s in. The older generation certainly new how to look after their possesions and I like the fact that they are going to continue to be used and loved. I now have over two hundred sets of teacups and saucers and cake plates and every single one is interesting to look at. The patterns and workmanship just make me realise how much rubbish is produced nowadays and these are real little works of art. It`s always interesting to see who is going to fall in love with which pattern. Another favourite item to collect is the big patterned jugs. Some of them are absolutely huge and look amazing filled with wild flowers. I would of loved to have had this kind of thing at my wedding if it had been possible to hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...