Monday 6 February 2012

These are a few of my favourite things



 I just wanted to share with you a few of my favourite things .

Yes, I know, I should be doing a thousand other things today but  I so enjoyed making this little collage for lovers of all things pretty and vintage (me included of course!)
 


I just love the colour combination of the purples and pinks of the flowers against the faded wood.


Be bold with your bunting and use it inventively. 

How about a piece strung up on the backs of each chair at a  party table?



A beautiful old birdcage all the way from France and given a coat of Farrow and Ball to restore it to it`s former glory .

These look great filled with flowers or cakes on vintage glass cake stands.
 


A pretty detail from a tiny sugar bowl and a great retro palette of colours.



Irish linen and a very cute teacup .



There`s just so much detail in this dinky  little sugar bowl, it`s adorable .




A close up of a gorgeous linen tablecloth .Just imagine how long it took to complete.I wonder who made it and what life it belonged to before it came to me?



Apple crates and a vintage floral milk pitcher.

At first glance it appears simple and rustic but then look closer at the fancy gilding .

 A great combination for a rustic wedding with added glamour .

I can see straw bales with vintage cushions,a pink cheeked lovely bride in a vintage lace dress,Victoria sponge cakes oozing cream and strawberry jam and a beautiful old oak barn bedecked with bunting  and hundreds of sparkling tea lights in jam jars tied with gingham ribbon

xxxxx
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...